I look like I run. I ran competitively for 5 years before I started climbing and “for fun” for another two years after that. Then something happened: I stopped running. And now I understand why people say they hate running. It’s sweaty, time-consuming, boring, too slow and too fast at the same time, and nowhere near as fun as climbing rocks. I “try” to run (or elliptical) once a week for 20-30 minutes to check off “doing cardio” for the week, but there are so many things I’d rather do than run. Here are 27 of them in no particular order:
- Climb rocks outside – duh.
- Climb plastic holds inside.
- Do 50 hangboard pull-ups.
- Go to King Soopers in search of gummy candy.
- Eat cookies.
- Eat cookie dough.
- Make cookie dough.
- Attempt to bake cookies in the EVO toaster oven.
- Practice yoga. (I rarely have to shower after yoga. I always have to shower after running.)
- Eat nachos.
- Campus (and I’m remarkably bad at campusing).
- Unload the dishwasher.
- Hike bouldering pads to little rocks that are too hard for me to climb.
- TRX abs (so hard, but over faster than running).
- Lie in my sleeping bag and listen to podcasts.
- Freelance – no one pays me to run.
- Do laundry.
- Check my P.O. Box in hopes of freelance checks and King Soopers coupons.
- Call my mom.
- Call my sister.
- Call my dad for life advice.
- Spin around in swivelly desk chairs.
- Sit normally in swivelly desk chairs.
- Stare into the refrigerator.
- Watch “Will it Blend” Blendtec videos on YouTube.
2 Comments Add yours
Well now all I watch is those “Will It Blend” vids so thanks for that
LikeLiked by 1 person