- Raincoats are rarely 100% effective during precipitation events. Somehow water defies gravity and drips upward into the sleeves.
- Raincoats are more effective windbreakers than they are water repellers.
- In the event of a rainstorm, raincoats are most effective when worn underneath an umbrella to prevent them, and you, from getting wet. In this case, they’re simply an extra non-breathable layer for warmth.
- Alex Honnold wears raincoats. Tommy Caldwell also wears raincoats.
- Alex and Tommy get their raincoats for free.
- Raincoats smell terribly after 5 minutes of any sort of activity.
- Approximately 0.03% of raincoats look sexy when worn. Roughly 0.01% of raincoats look sexy when not being worn.
- Raincoats look best when paired with rubber ducky rain boots.
- Raincoats could be toxic if swallowed.
- Warning: Some raincoats could be flammable even in torrential downpours.
- Humans are not the only animals who wear raincoats.
Bonus Fact: If you wear a harness over your rain pants and fart, the farts will be held in until you take the rain pants off. Plan accordingly.