Tired of that same old sandy blender-bottle shake? Can’t stand to chug another kiddo carton of post-workout chocolate milk? Or are you still one of those “I can’t eat anything after a hard workout even though science says I should” people?
Whether or not you answered “yes” to one or more of the above questions, you should give this cheap, delicious, PB&J-inspired post-workout recovery smoothie a try. It’s packed with muscle repairing protein and easy-to-digest carbs to replenish your depleted glycogen stores after a hard training session, and it tastes like childhood.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder (one serving of 15-25 grams protein total)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- ¼ cup 100 percent fruit juice (pomegranate and/or blueberry tastes best)
- 2/3 cup water or almond milk
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Recommended: Make at least 2 hours prior to consumption (the night before is optimal) to allow protein powder to fully dissolve. Otherwise, many powders are like drinking a PB&J beach.
Liz tested and approved.