- More selfies are taken on the Second Flatiron every year than in the entirety of Yosemite National Park.
- There are 378 distinct routes up the Second not including linkups.
- The first ascent of the Second did not include the diving board.
- The average Boulderite climbs the Second 297 times in their lifespan.
- Alex Honnold soled the Second without using his hands…or feet.
- An average of 73 bears ascend the Second every year. An average of 7 bears descend the Second every year. #bearsdontcare
- Trees are “off” on the Second.
- 7% of attempted ascents result in chickening out.
- Most climbers get off route at least three times during any given Second Flatiron ascent.
- An average of 6.8 CU Freshmen are rescued from mid-way up the Second every September.
- 17% of Second Flatiron soloist are hot moms.
- 0.6% of Second Flatiron soloist are hot dogs.
- 0.01% of Second Flatiron soloist are hotdogs.
Editor’s Note: None of these facts are scientifically proven nor are they approved by the FDA.
Photo Credit: Jess Sklut catching me texting on the Second.