Step aside Wheaties: A new, improved, 21st-century breakfast of champions is here. This fiber- and protein-packed, peanut butter and banana “flavored” oatmeal (made with real peanuts and bananas!) will keep you full for hours of cragging, a.m. training, or snack-free desk sitting. Ready in 7 minutes or less with zero chopping, egg cracking, or flapjack flipping, you can’t complain that you don’t have enough time for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup milk*
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 1 medium banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- Optional: 1 tablespoon honey
*Any type of milk, though, if you’re not dairy free, I’d recommend using cow’s milk for extra protein over almond or cashew milk.
- Combine oats, milk, flax,** and chia seeds** in a bowl (for microwave cooking) or pot (for stove cooking). Bring to a boil–about 1 min 30 seconds via microwave.
- Stir in peanut butter powder and optional honey until smooth. Next stir in banana slices.
- Once again bring mixture to a boil–about 1 minute via microwave.
- Stir and allow to cool before enjoying.
**Don’t want to measure out flax and chia seeds? Snag some Bob’s Red Mill classic oatmeal with flax and chia to-go cups. You can add milk or water directly to the package for camping and/or rushed breakfast convenience.